CenturyLink Phone Number
Calling CenturyLink customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 15 min (12m avg)
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST; best time to call: 10:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Premere 1 per ordinare il servizio, premere 2 per il servizio clienti
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I need to pay my bill but the account number isn’t working
My internet service is provided through you and I would like to know how can I sign up...
email stopped working. Says can not get server
i need to please talk to someone about my bill i received.
I want to restart my phone, tv and internet service but can't reach you by phone. Plea...
We provide internet at a house we rent. The internet quit working last week Thursday...
Someone is giving my home phone number as their callback and caller-ID number. I am ge...
can't download free McAfee anti-virus app. on my computer
I am trying to set up my new Fit Bit watch and I need a password for my WiFi ,but non...
Need instructions to download McAfee on my Centurylink account.
Want to download McAfee on my Century link account
hgtv movies part of my service buy cannot watch because I need cc would like a credit
CONNECTED ON THURS AT MY HOME. NOW I FIND OUT FROM DIRECT TV THAT CENTURY LINK DIDN'T...
I want my temporary phone line fixed I'm tired of driving half a mile to talk to someon...
I would like my temporary phone line fixed asap because my daughter is in a hospital an...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on CenturyLink's Phone-Based Customer Care
CenturyLink is a technology company that is perhaps best known for offering consumer and business telecommunications, broadband Internet and DirectTV services. As a provider of services in 37 U.S. states, it isn't surprising that its customer service departments get a lot of calls.
Why do People Call CenturyLink Customer Support?
People call CenturyLink customer service for a range of reasons, including:
- Requesting the start of new service
- Making changes to existing services
- Canceling or transferring service
- Technical support for services or devices
- Upgrading or purchasing equipment or devices
- Questions about the proper use of services or equipment
- Scheduling technician visits
- Questions about accounting and billing issues
- Making payment plans
Best Practices for Calling CenturyLink Customer Service
To help ensure a productive conversation with CenturyLink customer service representatives, check out these tips:
- Check to make sure you are calling the correct number for the service that you are requesting. CenturyLink has different numbers for various departments, so check the website or your latest bill for what number to call.
- Have your account number, as well as any correspondence or bills related to your inquiry, in front of you. Nothing is more frustrating (for you or the representative, than finally beginning a conversation only to have to search for documents that you don't have handy.
- If you are requesting technical support for your Internet, phone or DirectTV, keep in mind that the representative will likely ask to perform remote diagnostic testing. This will be easier if you are in the same room as the device or your computer. If you are calling about broadband service from a mobile phone, and your phone is currently connected to your WiFi, switch off the WiFi.
- Keep pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call. This can be helpful if you need to record confirmation numbers and can be particularly useful if you need to escalate your case.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to CenturyLink Customer Support?
Reports on CenturyLink customer service is mixed. Some customers are very pleased with the service that they've received while others have complaints. Areas of dissatisfaction often involve inconsistent information provided by customer service representatives, as well as a failure to follow-through on promises made.
Notable Media Reports
In one reported case, a long-standing customer entered into a payment arrangement with CenturyLink as a way of paying off a past due balance. Despite this agreement and an explanation that his first payment would take a few days to arrive, CenturyLink disconnected his service anyway, demanding a deposit before reconnection. Eventually, the situation was resolved, but not until the story was reported on by a local journalist.
What Kind of Issues can CenturyLink Customer Support Resolve?
Customer service representatives for CenturyLink can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including enrolling you into a new service as well as transferring, changing and canceling service.
In addition, a representative can perform some diagnostics on your service and equipment. The representative may also be able to teach you how to use your equipment and get the most out of your broadband, phone and DirectTV services.
What can't Be Resolved by Phone with CenturyLink?
If your situation can only be resolved by replacing or repairing equipment, you will need to either schedule a technician appointment or make arrangements to swap out devices at a CenturyLink location.
If you want to pay your bill in cash, you will need to visit an authorized payment center. Be sure to bring your latest CenturyLink bill with you so as to ensure that your payment is properly credited to your account.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With my Call to CenturyLink?
If your first call to CenturyLink doesn't resolve your issue, don't give up. There are still things you can do:
- If you haven't already done so, write down what happened during your call. Having this information in writing can make it easier for you to describe what happened to other CenturyLink agents.
- Call back. You may have had a bad experience with one representative, but the next person you speak to may have the training and ability to help.
- Use CenturyLink's live chat option to communicate with a representative. A variation on this is getting in touch via CenturyLink's social media accounts. Either option provides you with a transcript of your conversation, something that can be very useful if you have to pursue the matter further.
Customer Number 888-218-0467 - by the Numbers
Numero di telefono da comporre888-218-0467
Chiamata ricevuta da una persona realeSÌ
Dipartimento che stai chiamandoAssistenza clienti
Orari del call centerLun-Ven 8: 00-01: 00, Sab 8: 00-22: 00, Dom 8: 00-22: 00 EST
Il momento migliore per comporre il numero10:15
Naviga nel labirinto del telefono verso un essere umanoPremere 1 per ordinare il servizio, premere 2 per il servizio clienti
Rango (tra i numeri di telefono)1
Metodi alternativitelefono, chat, web
Qualità della comunicazione82%
Voti dei clienti3,823
Ultimo aggiornamento delle informazioniSat Oct 24 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
CenturyLink's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Questo è il miglior numero di telefono di CenturyLink, l'attesa in tempo reale in attesa e gli strumenti per saltare attraverso quelle linee telefoniche per arrivare direttamente a un CenturyLink agente. Questo numero di telefono è il miglior numero di telefono di CenturyLink perché 39,744 clienti come te hanno utilizzato queste informazioni di contatto negli ultimi 18 mesi e ci hanno fornito feedback. I problemi comuni affrontati dall'unità di assistenza clienti che risponde alle chiamate a 888-218-0467 includono Lower My Bill, Setup Service, Technical Support, Transfer Service, Cancel Service e altri problemi relativi al servizio clienti. Il call center CenturyLink in cui chiami ha dipendenti da Louisiana, Idaho, Washington, Nebraska ed è aperto Mon-Fri 8am-1am, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-10pm EST in base ai clienti. In totale, CenturyLink ha 5 numeri di telefono. Non è sempre chiaro quale sia il modo migliore per parlare con i rappresentanti di CenturyLink, quindi abbiamo iniziato a compilare queste informazioni basate sui suggerimenti della community dei clienti. Continua a condividere le tue esperienze in modo che possiamo continuare a migliorare questa risorsa gratuita.
Contacting CenturyLink - by phone or otherwise
Mentre 888-218-0467 è il miglior numero verde di CenturyLink, ci sono 7 modi totali per metterti in contatto con loro. Il prossimo modo migliore per parlare con il loro team di assistenza clienti, secondo altri CenturyLink clienti, è chiamare il loro 800-366-8201 numero di telefono per il loro Assistenza clienti dipartimento. Oltre a chiamare, la prossima opzione preferita per i clienti in cerca di aiuto è via 800-366-8201 per Assistenza clienti. Se ritieni che queste informazioni siano inesatte o conosci altri modi per contattare CenturyLink, faccelo sapere in modo che possiamo condividere con altri clienti. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for CenturyLink.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to CenturyLink?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like CenturyLink. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. If you look at our eBay Phone Number page, you can see an example of those free calling mechanisms and tips shared by other customers. Or take a look at the Experian Phone Number page. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies like eBay or Experian. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.